Electromechanical assembly is a term for a series of processes in which mechanical, optical, opto-electrical, and electronic components are organized in a single circuit. This circuit may comprise various moving and stationary components. The components are hand-soldered or automatically assembled in a circuit. We, at Sierra Assembly, possess the experience and expertise in building electromechanical assemblies for subsystems and systems. Our just-in-time manufacturing capabilities combined with our engineering expertise allow us to build complex assemblies easily.
Our Electromechanical Assembly Capabilities
At Sierra Assembly, we have been working on electromechanical assemblies since our inception. We specialize in full-scale production right from procurement to assembly to inspection and testing. We believe the following capabilities allow us to stay true to our commitment of delivering quality products at competitive prices.
- Requirements and Resource Procurement: Our experts perform requirement gathering from clients and conduct an in-depth analysis based on different factors. The reports of analysis are shared with the client for approval. We offer full turnkey or partial turnkey assembly services. In full turnkey, we are entirely responsible for the procurement of all components and parts required for the assembly. In partial turnkey assembly, clients procure some parts and components, while we procure the rest.
- Custom Design: We use various types of 3D modeling packages to custom design the circuit, create component drawings, wiring layouts, and more. We understand these stages may involve multiple conceptualizations and ideations. The final custom design is finalized by the client after discussion with our designers or their internal teams.
- Rapid Prototyping: This is performed on the basis of the custom design selected by the client. Depending on the requirement, we can create physical and digital prototypes. Physical prototypes are manufactured at our well-equipped facility using automated machines. Some components may be hand soldered to the circuit and this is performed by our experts. These prototypes are sent to the customer for final approval. On receiving the approval, we perform low to high quantity production.
- Subsystem and Complete Assembly Components and Assembly Methods: After completing the subsystem assembly, our experts perform a complete assembly with board interconnections, motor wiring, and so on. We regularly work with the following components:
- Circuit boards
- Programmable touch screen panels
- Control boxes
These components are assembled following these methods:
- Automated Assembly
- Hand Insertion
- Hand Soldering
- Point-to-Point Wiring
- Wave Soldering
- Reflow Soldering
- Wire Wrapping
- Delivery Times: We assure quick deliveries for all electromechanical assembly projects.
We regularly design and deliver standard and complex electromechanical assemblies to our clients across the following industries:
- Aerospace and Satellite
- Consumer Electronics
- LED Industry
Inspection and Quality Testing
At Sierra Assembly, we believe for proper functioning electromechanical assemblies must be built with precision and in close tolerances. This is why our experts perform testing and inspection at every step of the manufacturing process. Inspection and testing also enable us to identify errors before they escalate. The following are a few common types of inspection and testing performed on electromechanical assemblies.
- Visual Inspection
- Solder Paste and Pre-flow Inspection
- X-ray Inspection
- 3D Automated Optical Inspection
- In-circuit Testing
- Functional Testing
- Final Assembly AQL Inspection
Benefits of Partnering with Us for Your Next Electromechanical Assembly Project
Electromechanical assemblies are essential for all industries. There are several electromechanical assembly services providers in the country providing your type of designs. However, we believe the following features of our services may benefit you in the long run.
- Assembly Prototypes: Prototypes are an integral part of any electromechanical assembly. Our experts will create a product blueprint and produce a prototype for it. These prototypes will enable you to analyze the performance of the system and find faults before the actual production begins.
- Support Through All Phases of Manufacturing and Assembly: At Sierra Assembly, we follow comprehensive custom electromechanical assembly process and our experts assist clients through all phases of manufacturing. As a part of the process, they start with the drawing, procurement, assembly, testing, and implementation.
- Well Equipped Facility: All assembly is performed in-house at our well-equipped facility at Chino, CA. Everything right from the design to assembly to testing and inspection is performed by our experts with several decades of industry experience to their credit. This allows us to stay true to our commitment of quality and offer the fastest turnaround times in the industry.
- Competitive Prices: Our strong supply chain partnerships combined with our lean manufacturing practices and competitive bulk order prices allow us to assure competitive prices.
Frequently Asked Questions on Electromechanical Assembly Services
- What are the different types of electromechanical assembly services provided by Sierra Assembly?
At Sierra Assembly, we provide the following types of electromechanical assemblies.
- PCB Assemblies:
- Rack Mounts and Chassis
- Box Build Assemblies
- Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
- Power Panel Assemblies
- Do you provide low volume assembly services?
Yes, we provide high volume, low volume, and mixed volume assembly services. You can get in touch with our team for further details.
- Do you provide lead-free assemblies?
Yes, we can provide you with lead-free assemblies.
- What are the lead times for electromechanical assemblies?
Our standard lead times usually vary from 4 to 7 days; however, it may take longer for complex assemblies. We can provide next-day or same-day deliveries if required. You can get in touch with our team for details.
At Sierra Assembly, we believe there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Our experts will work with you to understand your requirements. We offer customized electromechanical assembly services to meet your application requirements. You can contact us today to know more about our electromechanical assembly services. Else, you can use the Request a Quote form to receive a tailored quote for your application. Our experts would be happy to assist you. We assure the fastest turnaround times in the industry.