There is an increasing demand for high-performance printed circuit boards (PCBs) in the aerospace and satellite industry. This industry is always at the crossroads of innovation with the increasing focus on customer safety and travel experience. Over the years, Sierra Assembly has invested in the technology and resources that enable us to manufacture and assemble high-performance, accurate, high-tolerance, and reliable PCBs that are required in these industries.
As an experienced aerospace PCB assembly manufacturer, we understand the stringent quality and engineering requirements of this industry. These printed circuit boards are required to withstand harsh environments such as extreme temperatures, vibration, humidity, impact, as well as harsh solar radiation, wind, dust, and so on. It is not always possible to repair these PCBs when they are integrated into applications that are serving thousands of feet above sea level. Thus, it is important to produce aerospace PCB assembly that assures excellent performance in adverse conditions.
Sierra Assemblies Aerospace PCB Assembly Capabilities
As a leading aerospace PCB assembly manufacturer and supplier, we have had the privilege of working closely with some of the trusted OEMs in the industry. We believe the following capabilities that we have developed over the years have helped us serve them better.
- Types of PCBs: We can provide rigid, rigid-flex, and flex PCBs in single-sided and double-sided configurations.
- Type of Assembly: We regularly mount components using either of these techniques: Surface mount, plated-through hole, and mixed assembly (PTH and surface mount).
- Materials We Use: We work with a broad range of PCB materials including FR4, polyamide, Arlon, as well as use embedded and printed resistors in our PCBs.
- Special Process Capabilities: In addition to the above, we can work with the following:
- Blind and buried vias
- Filled vias
- Controlled Z-axis routing
- Firmware programming
- High layer and ultra-dense component counts
- Component placement
- Laser drilling and stacked vias
- Pre-tinning with stranded and braided wire
- Metal clad and heatsinks
- Castellation and edge plating
- Air pockets/cavities
- Auto calibration of SMT lines
- Thermal and vibration testing
Aerospace and Satellite Industry Applications Using Sierra Assembly’s PCBs
Being an aerospace PCB assembly manufacturer and supplier, we work with clients to develop PCBs for the following applications:
- Auxiliary Power Units (APU)
- Audio Interface Applications
- Battery Warming
- Cockpit and Board Instrumentation Control Systems
- Power Converters
- Temperature Sensors
- LED Lighting Systems
- Radio Communication Systems
- Control Tower Systems
- Advanced Short Range Air to Air Missiles (ASRAAM)
- Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missiles (AMRAAM)
As a well-known aerospace PCB assembly supplier, we are conscious of our industry reputation. Quality has been one of the key priorities for us at Sierra Assembly. Our procedures and methodologies have evolved over the years to assure the best solutions. As a result, we have been able to stay true to our commitment to serving clients with only high-quality aerospace PCB assembly solutions. The following industry certifications are an attestation to our commitment to quality.
- AS9100 REV-D+ISO-9001-2015 Certified by SAI Global
- IPC-A-600F Compliance
- MIL-STD-105D Compliance
- China GB4588 Compliance
Why Choose Sierra Assembly as Your Aerospace PCB Assembly Supplier and Manufacturer
Over the years, Sierra Assembly has built a long list of happy and satisfied customers. We get most of our business through referrals. We have always focused on developing processes that improve transparency and reliability across all stages of a PCB assembly. The following features of our services are widely appreciated by our clients.
- We have over two decades of experience in PCB assembly and fabrication for the clients in aerospace and satellite industry. This gives us a better understanding of client requirements.
- We can materialize any complex PCB assembly requirement.
- All aerospace PCB assembly processes are performed in-house at our well-equipped facility in Chino, California. This enables us to assure the quality and performance that clients expect from us.
- All programming and assembly is performed by certified personnel who have spent several years perfecting the processes.
- We assure one of the fastest turnaround times in the industry, which makes us the first choice for performance-driven aerospace PCB assemblies.
- We can perform prototyping as well as large production runs with equal ease, which makes us a choice for all your production requirements.
At Sierra Assembly, every aerospace PCB assembly project is treated as special. Our experts spend time understanding client requirements. We combine our proven PCB assembly engineering expertise with quality control processes and vast industry experience to produce high-performing and reliable PCBs. Do you want to know more about our aerospace PCB assembly and manufacturing capabilities? If yes, feel free to get in touch with our team today. Our experts would be happy to help you.