Medical Grade PCBs to Support Different Types of Medical Devices
The medical industry is one sector that demands extremely reliable and high performance equipment. The same goes for printed circuit boards as well. Medical PCBs need to be designed to provide enough power to the device, ensure stability, and continual performance. Sierra Assembly designs PCB assemblies that can meet the requirements of various medical applications.
PCB Offerings for Various Medical Device Designs
We provide end-to-end PCB assembly services to clients from the medical industry. This includes custom PCB design, prototyping, PCB assembly, testing, and finally delivery. Our PCB assembly capabilities for the medical industry include:
Features of our Medical PCBs
Our medical PCBs are custom built to meet the ever-changing needs of medical applications. Some of the common solutions that we provide to our clients include:
- IPC Compliant Bonding Work
- Aluminum and ceramic substrates
- IPC Compliant Conformal Coating
- PCBs with Tin and Flux-less Soldering
- Different types of laminates for high speed operation
We always recommend Surface Mount Technology to assemble these circuit boards. There are a few reasons for this.
- The size of the components are relatively smaller as compared to other PCB designs.
- Small sized components result in smaller sized PCBs, which makes their installation in applications easy.
- We utilize the latest in automated equipment for PCB assembly, which ensures a high level of quality in the final product.
- SMT technology eliminates the need to drill holes in the PCB. This reduces the overall assembly time.
All of our medical PCBs undergo inspection using Flying Probe testing, and optical inspection procedures.
Applications Involving Medical PCBs
There are a variety of applications that utilize printed circuit board assemblies for their operation.
- EMG activity systems
- CT Scanning Systems
- Heart and Blood Pressure Monitors
- X-Ray and Tomography Equipment
All of our procedures place the immense importance of cleanliness and hygiene. Our PCBs adhere to the regulations of ISO, FDA and IPC. If you have any queries about our PCB offerings medical devices and applications, feel free to contact us. You can call us at 224.653.4000, or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org