Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) have come a long way and have seen a lot of developments over the time. They are being used increasingly in a number of applications across a wide range of industries. LEDs have become very popular and are fast replacing the conventional light bulbs. The best thing about LEDs is that they deliver highly efficient output at a very low power consumption. Printed circuit boards are used to make these LED solutions. Sierra Assembly is one of the leading providers of PCB services for LED industry.
Significance of PCBs in the Lighting Industry
The lighting industry has developed a lot and is making use of advanced PCBs for delivering maximum output. Those lighting applications, which are expected to deliver high lumen output make use of the aluminum backed PCBs. Since these PCBs are available at reasonable prices, naturally the lighting solution becomes cost-effective. There are a huge number of benefits, which make printed circuit boards perfectly suited for the LED industry. Most commonly the metal backed PCBs like aluminum backed PCBs are preferred. Here are some most common, yet striking advantages of using these metal backed PCBs in the lighting industry:
- They are stable, making them an ideal match for high-density applications.
- Metal backed or metal core printed circuit boards have a better capacity of dissipating thermal heat as compared to regular FR4 circuit boards. This helps boost the overall performance of the application.
- If you are using copper backed PCBs, then you have an advantage of transferring heat to an external heat sink easily.
- These PCBs are good at resisting heat distortion.
What’s So Special about Aluminum Backed PCBs?
There are several reasons as to why aluminum backed PCBs are becoming so much popular in the lighting industry. Following are some key reasons:
- These PCBs are capable of handling high temperatures and help in higher levels of thermal heat transfer. This prevents the circuit to get heated and damage the LEDs mounted on it.
- They help achieve two purposes in a single go:
- Act as a heat sink for the design
- Allows different components of the LED design to be interconnected
- The convenience of both a heat sink, as well as PCB is achieved. This means that you not only get the thermal characteristics of a heat sink, but also a cost-effective and compact design of a PCB.
Applications of PCBs in the LED industry
There are several occasions or you may say applications in the LED industry, which make use of printed circuit boards. The following are some key application areas of PCBs in the said industry:
- Street Lighting
- Elevator Lighting
- Aircraft Running Lights
- Operating Room Direct Lighting
- Traffic and Signal Lighting
- Highway Tunnel Lighting
- Solar Power Products
- Security Lights
- Flood Lights
Sierra Assembly has been manufacturing and supplying high-quality PCB solutions to lighting, as well as several other industries. Our quick turnaround times and PCBs available at competitive prices have made us popular among several industries. We are keen to provide customers with the best-in-class products and services in the US. To know more about the PCB solutions for the lighting industry, please get in touch with our professionals at the earliest. You can call us on 909.355.5400
or email us your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org